We’ve been working hard to ensure our risk assessment is regularly updated and that our cleaning and hygiene measures are as stringent as possible to minimise risk to all.
- All touch points, toilets, kitchen etc are cleaned before playschool starts each morning. They are then cleaned regularly during the session, and again at the end of the session. The church also have cleaners who clean the whole premises each day.
- Toys and resources are either put in the dishwasher or cleaned with milton spray or disinfectant at the end of each session.
- Everyone who enters playschool is asked to sanitize their hands on entry. Children are encouraged to wash their hands throughout the session, after using the toilet, before attending snack bar, after painting activities, after using the garden etc.
- Visitors are still welcome, but asked to wear a face covering, and visits are kept as brief as possible.
- Parents who come into the building to drop off children are asked to wear a face covering, and all staff wear a face covering at drop off and pick up time to minimise risk between adults.
- The windows are open to aid ventilation and the back door is open for most of the morning when the garden is open to also improve ventilation to help keep risk minimal.
- Staff and children who are unwell are asked to stay home and anyone with covid symptoms is encouraged to be tested as per government guidance. Staff undertake asymptomatic rapid flow tests twice each week from home to help minimise risk.
- The weekly and half termly newsletter regularly shares updated guidance and information from the NHS and Government documents to ensure we all follow the guidance to help keep each other safe.