We’ve been working hard to ensure our risk assessment is regularly updated and that our cleaning and hygiene measures are as stringent as possible to minimise risk to all.
- All touch points, toilets, kitchen etc are cleaned before playschool starts each morning. They are then cleaned regularly during the session, and again at the end of the session.
- Toys and resources are either put in the dishwasher or cleaned with milton spray or disinfectant at the end of each session, and rotated mid-session to minimise risk of cross-contamination.
- Everyone who enters playschool is asked to sanitize their hands on entry. Children are encouraged to wash their hands throughout the session, after using the toilet, before attending snack bar, after painting activities, after using the garden etc.
- Visitors are still welcome, but asked to wear a face covering, and visits are kept as brief as possible.
- Parents who come into the building to drop off children are asked to wear a face covering, and all staff wear a face covering at drop off and pick up time to minimise risk between adults.
- Because the garden door is open for most of the morning, the hall is well ventilated.
- Staff and children who are unwell are asked to stay home.
- The weekly and half termly newsletter regularly shares updated guidance and information from the NHS and Government documents to ensure we all follow the guidance to help keep each other safe.